The Round Tables provide an opportunity for discussion or integration of knowledge among several speakers on a particular topic. In this perspective, proposals with the presence of speakers from different specialties or coming from different institutions will be particularly appreciated and preferred. Moreover, in accordance with the philosophy that characterizes the Congress, proposals presented by younger colleagues will be particularly appreciated.
Each Round Table must include the presence of a Coordinator and a number of 3 to 5 Panelists. The task of the Coordinator will be to propose the contents and interact with the Panelists, assigning the individual contributions before the event. During the Round Table the Coordinator will guide the succession of presentations.
The Chairman will be indicated by the Scientific Secretariat. The task of the Chairman will mainly be to guarantee the respect of times, being also able to bring a critical personal contribution to the panel.
It will be possible, according to the Coordinator’s preference, to present a Round Table with clinical cases discussion. These clinical cases must be presented by a Presenter (different from the Coordinator and the Panelists), possibly a young or very young colleague. During the presentation of the clinical cases, the Presenter will have to ask questions with multiple choice answers to the audience and to the Panelists. Answers will be provided in real time. The Coordinator will be responsible for commenting on these answers and stimulating discussion.
Time allotted for Round Tables: 60 minutes. Should the round table include the discussion of clinical cases, it will benefit from 15 additional minutes. A sufficient time to present and discuss the clinical cases must be guaranteed (for example by using 45 minutes for the speakers and 30 minutes for the discussion of clinical cases).
Deadline for abstract submission: December 20th, 2020.
Abstracts must be submitted electronically.
How to submit an abstract:
- Click on “Abstract Form” at the end of this page.
- Complete the form adding the following information:
- Language of presentation, choosing between Italian and English;
- Topic of the contribution, choosing between those in the menu (Audiology and Otology, Neurotology Balance Disorders and Equilibrium, Phoniatrics Laryngology and Swallowing Disorders, Sleep Medicine and Sleep Surgery, Head and Neck Surgery and Oncology, Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology, Rhinology and Facial Plastic Surgery, Miscellaneous);
- Coordinator: Name, Family Name, Date of Birth, Personal Email, Phone Number (preferably mobile phone number) and Affiliation (Institute of reference and city);
- Panelists (using “Add Panelist”, 3 to 5): Name, Family Name, Date of Birth, Personal Email, Phone Number (preferably mobile phone number) and Affiliation (Institute of reference and city);
- Title of Abstract;
- The Abstract text must not exceed 2400 printable characters (spaces included), and its layout must be per sections: “Rationale”, “Materials and Methods”, “Results” and “Conclusions”.
- For ‘’Round Tables with clinical cases discussion’’, the following information must also be entered:
- Presenter: Name, Family Name, Date of Birth, Personal Email, Phone Number (preferably mobile phone number) and Affiliation (Institute of reference and city);
- Fields with asterisk (*) are required;
- By clicking on “Send”, you acknowledge that you have read the informative note, that you agree for your personal data to be processed and that you grant approval to use the texts.
- You will then have to check the information added; if you need to change something, please click on “Back to the Abstract”; if everything is correct, please click on “Submit”.
- The submission system will generate an acknowledgement of your submission, which will be sent to the First Author’s email address. Please make sure that you receive the email confirmation after making your submission (please, also check your spam or junk folder). If you do not receive the acknowledgement of receipt, kindly inform the Congress Organizers immediately (email@example.com)
- Notification of acceptance or rejection will be made by the Congress Organizers via email by January 15th, 2021.
The first Author’s email address will be used to notify acceptance and to send updated information.
Please, note that Authors are responsible for the integrity of the submitted data, and that the Congress Organizers will not provide any editing of the received material.
Abstract submitted via Abstract Form cannot be modified at a later time.